Sunday, 9 November 2014

The Tempting of Neely J by Jake Malden

The Tempting of Neely J is a book I really looked forward to reading it did not disappoint! I enjoy Jake Malden’s writing when I’m looking for something hot and sexy to take my breath away. I do have to say that I enjoyed this story too. Neely is just such a likeable girl!
Neely is in her early twenties and works in a church with the youth and hopes to guide them into living a proper Christian lifestyle. She is so very pure and plans to stay that way until she finds the right person and gets married.
Then she meets Ray, a smexy journalist with a cause, deflowering innocent women with as much debauchery as he can bring. He’s the kind of character that you can’t help be attracted to you and yet know it’s going to be an epic mistake. He sets his sights on Neely as the ultimate goal and will stop at nothing to succeed.
I really got into their story and at times my feelings for both Neely and Ray surprised me. There were times when I wanted to shake Neely and tell her to just go for it, then want to slap Ray for his smarmy behavior. Neely is a strong woman and I really did respect her and her decisions.
The supporting characters are just as important and I found myself just as involved in their stories. I knew from the first mention of his name that I would like Danny and yup, I totally swooned over him. Carlotta, on the other hand, that woman made my blood boil!
I think Jake Malden gets my king of smexy award for his great characters that completely capture your attention and amazingly hot sex that will have you fanning yourself. He is witty and fun with and I found that The Tempting of  Neely J was the perfect mix of heart and heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment