Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Book Review: HEY DAD MEET MY MOM!

There’s an important saying don’t judge a book by its cover/title. Well I did exactly the opposite initially.  In the first few chapters I thought that this is a typical story wherein the girl turned pregnant and the guy must have dumped her and the child is seeking his dad or something like that… but!! Here is the twist. It’s NOTHING like that. It’s a roller coaster ride of comedy, fear, love and don't forget to expect the unexpected!

PLOT
What happens when a 10 year old child, who claims to be your future son, comes to you to help you find a perfect match for his mother? What happens when eventually you start to doubt on his intentions? What happens when a girl starts to turn your dreams into nightmares? What happens when your ‘Future son’ starts to haunt you? What happens when your FUTURE starts to bleed in your PRESENT through your PAST? Sounds interesting.

HIGHLIGHTS
·         For me apart from the story the life of the story are in those small poems penned down by Payal Sirvastava. Each & every poem/lines are very significant in the whole story.
“How can the world be kind & unjust at the same time?
It can compel you to exist & kill like a bewildered mime,
My soul prods me to investigate my conceded past,
But my body is tired of wandering and wants peace at last.”
·         Myra true to its name she is wonderful character. (MYRA means Wonder & Peace) obviously after reading about Myra one would definitely wish for such a partner who is with you in every sphere of life in both ups & down. Though I wonder whether such selfless people like Myra would really exist.
·         Rishi was cute and innocent in his own ways. His one liners on how to flirt were hilarious.
·         I loved the end conversation between rishi & puneet. Specially this line “ one can never have the best of both the worlds”
·         Roshni’s character was strong as well and I liked her at the end for letting puneet go & move on in his life!!

NEGATIVES
·         How Puneet landed up with Roshni’s diary is a mystery.
·         I wanted proper closure on why the 3 kids were adopted. I somewhat thought that things were incomplete there.
All in all a good read.

RATINGS : 3.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment