Thursday, 26 November 2015

i don't wear sunscreen: book review

Some books are different. They touch you and make sure to leave a foot print in your life. They come with a message. To be honest I never expected this book to be amazing. I thought it was some chick lit kind of book. But I am glad I picked this book!!
PLOT
For Laksha, life is a gift wrapped in red ribbon. She is born with a silver spoon. But that’s all shattered when she falls for the misogamist. His ambivalence and vacillation always keeps her at bay, turning her into a neurotic. She gets betrayed by the most credible, loses her job, feels devastated and dejected as incidents crowd upon her corrupting her naiveté.

Enigmas unfold revealing every glitch. Who will clear her blurred skies? What invigorates her career and life? Will she ever forgive her beloved? And how will Laksha survive?
The story also revolves around her rapport with Pallavi, a childhood friend and the relationship she has with her silver-tongued mom. Focusing on how experiences change perception of little things, this contemporary tale gives a better meaning to friendships, relationships, solitude, pain, compassion and success.

More often than not, Life drags you down to the adversities and thrusts outward to shine. It is your grit that truly matters when you reach rock bottom, and left with no choice other than to pick yourself up and leap forward, however arduous it may be!
HIGHLIGHTS
Ø  I would love to dedicate the first two chapters to my best buddy! I actually miss those days when there were no deadlines to worry about. The best ever days you spent in school.
Ø  “I wouldn’t mind my daughter falling into the same trap if there was someone who could her get over the trauma like you did for me.”
Ø  Life pulls down every person to the least possible negativity and thrusts them outward to shine. It is the fight that matters; when you reach the bottom, you are left with no issue but to pick yourself up and climb every difficult step. Feeling down & letting situations tear you apart proves that we all are human. “This is soo soo true. Reminds me of my days of struggle! The prefix before my name is a result of hard work and loads of falling down and gathering myself up for the next set of exams.”
Ø    Life is never easy; there will be one issue after another to test your nerves. It might be beloved’s death; break ups, severe health problem, divorces, loneliness. True that, it’s like a vicious circle of wants & greed. Like there is no end to our wants & desires similarly no end to problems or stress in life. The sooner you accept the better it is :P
Ø  I loved Laksha’s mom she is the epitome of strength and courage. I loved that particular line “don’t think like that those who screwed your life will eventually screw themselves even more.”
Ø  “Sometimes to cry doesn’t mean that you are weak, it means you are stronger letting go things that hurt you.”
Ø  And yeah I hate Pallavi like anything. She is a blot when it comes to friendship!
RATING: 4.6/5 Must Read!


1 comment: