A youngster decides to play a prank on his friends, pretending to be able to read the lines on their palms. But, what he sees on his own palm shocks him. Do the lines truly foretell what is in store for one?
A young couple suffers the perennial perplexities of young love. Is this one the soul-mate? Are the feelings mutual? Can they speak their minds out in time?
A young man masters the technique to wipe out memories. What could the consequence be?
Woven around the myriad ironies that are a part and parcel of complex human relations, moving from the tranquil hills to the sweltering plains, touching upon the lives of Metropolitan cities and the remotest rural villages, this collection of short stories will take you through the lives of the various protagonists, who are typical to India in her magnificent diversity.
Written in a lucid style with a mix of humour and pathos, the stories are sure to touch your hearts as they unfold...
BOOK REVIEW :-
The book is a collection of 22 short stories , ranging from different emotions, there is humour , sadness,mystery, suspense, romance, etc.All these stories seems to be reflected from authors own experience in personal life. I totally enjoyed reading it.Its a mixed packet/ bag of feelings and emotions.
1. Fasting to Liberation:
The murder seems very similar to the recent serial killings. It is a bit strange that someone would use such an old-fashioned way to murder people. Attacking the victim from behind and then slits the throat with a sharp knife.
3. Parting Gift: Story of two room-mates ,friends Ayushman and Anamol, and mystery .Swiss-chocolates which Anamol buyed to gift for his gf.The packet might got stolen.
4. The Line Reader: Belief and faith cannot be trusted everytime as evidence.
5. Love Birds:
Ishaan Roy, medical student. The tiltle of the story is after local train .Bangaon is a city and a municipality in North 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India.
7. Photograph: lectronic Eraser It was a complicated equipment and involved the latest technology. It couldn’t really cure people of diseases. Nor could it help people to get into shape.
What it could do was to make people completely forget certain things from their past like certain people or places or let’s say ‘incidents’. The basic principle was simple. Find out the group of grey cells in the brain storing the particular information and destroy them.
8. Quarter No. 7B: The mystery about why quarter 7B was never allotted to any of the hospital staff.
9. At the bus-stop on the 28th day:
A lonely bus stop had dawned into existence much to the ignorance of most bus conductors
10. God’s Own Child:
11. My Gentleman:
12. Found: Umbrella LOST few days back . Where could it be found and the most reliable place is the “Lost and found’' section.
13. Shall We Dance:
15. Mr. Ghosh’s Bungalow:
16. Tale of the Maxriter:
17. Operation Infecto Leaderous: A political story of the leadership and opposition.
18. The Other Couple: A couple who left their kid alone at home, and how the kid calls up the protagonist, accidentally, asking for his parents whereabouts.
19. Jerry was more of a warehouse kind of a rat but had recently been introduced to the world of trains by one of his uncles.
21. The Meeting:
Overall i would say its A Must Read .The author has good command over language.As a debut book, author has done a good job , looking forward to read more from the author.I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars.