Saturday, 26 December 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Love, Lies and Layoffs by Usha Narayanan

27384708





There are very few authors who have the skill to write books on different genres with equal ease. It appears as if the genre’s moulds itself in accordance to the wishes & thoughts of the author. After having read a mythological master piece I was tempted to read this particular Romcom “LOVE LIES & LAYOFFS”.


















PLOT :-
With goofy colleagues, a busy career and juicy gossip to fill her days, feisty columnist Freida doesn't really crave romance. Men are such fools anyway, including 'good friend' Geek, who appears to have fallen for a sneaky co-worker. But soon, even her friendship is under threat, as steamy kisses and a romp in bed turn their equation upside down. To complicate matters, Freida's treacherous ex and their psycho boss mount a vicious attack on them. Tension builds as Freida and Geek gird up for the final showdown. Can nice guys ever win? Will love carry the day?



HIGHLIGHTS :-
ü I Loved the character of Girik popularly known as “GEEK” the way the character is portrayed will make you fall for him (not for his looks) but for his honesty , integrity and respect towards women. This is one such stance when you will love him “I can’t stand men who treat women as inferior or as sex objects”
ü  This is one sentence which I will write on my study board. “You must value yourself & your talent and fight for what is your due. Don’t take it lying down when people walk all over you. You must take a stand for yourself ”(in order to do this you need to have faith in yourself)
ü  I somehow related myself with Freida. In some way or the other I found myself in Freida. So that clicked for me.
ü  “Who said that women would be free once they were educated & financially independent? They were still afraid to leave the so called protection of a marriage or afraid of what might the society stay. This line reminds me of a song
“Kuchh toh log kahenge, logo kaa kam hain kehna
 Chhodo bekar kee bato me kahee bit naa jayey raina”
ü  This is very true “each relationship makes you either stronger or weaker. you must choose the person who makes you stronger not someone who tears you down. A very serious issue explained in the simplest of words when you come across so many failed relationships in today’s time”

Rating 4/5 an awesome page turner! Grab your copy soon.!



1 comment:

  1. I just saw this, Shivani! Thank you so much for a scintillating review. Will share it on Facebook too.

    ReplyDelete