Saturday, 12 December 2015

must read! review on madras affair :)

I read this book because of its cover! So different that I was attracted to it.A heart-warming tale of a woman who rises from the ashes of a torturous marriage to recreate her life and reclaim her self-respect.
PLOT
Sangita Sinclair was not always this successful & passionate lady, heading the NGO “Penn Urimai” for downtrodden, abused and homeless women….

When Sangita catches the eye of Gautam Sinclair she is a simple, homely girl; utterly unaware of her charms & capabilities. She has the devil’s own time in overcoming her inhibitions, hesitation, and her family’s orthodox and out-dated rules before recognising her love for Gautam.

Will Gautam be able to solve Sangita’s Dilemma or will she be forever trapped in her past?
HIGHLIGHTS
ü  “A woman’s place is with her husband, she has no respect if she stays away from him.” Its bullshit. Seriously. In my case I will always be my dad’s princess even if I get married.
ü  I loved how the author has portrayed the relationships of Sangita with others. Be it her sassy and awesome friend rithika or her sister in law who was actually there with her throughout as her support.
ü "I feel as if an extremely vicious curse has been lifted off me.” She gave her sister-in-law a small, nervous smile. She was free! Free from a bastard who had ruined her life for the past 1.5 years. I am glad that she didn’t mourn that scoundrel’s death. Men like these are simply urgh.
ü I loved that particular line wherein she said that she will make sure that his son sandeep doesn’t turns into another giridhar. I truly loved that determination. If ever I have a son I would make sure that he respects women no matter what.
ü Those innocent questions which sandeep posed toward Gautam’s grandparents literally bought tears to my eyes. Loved every bit of it.
ü  “Was this how a man behaved on his wedding night? Unless maybe something was wrong with her! She was the one who was feeling a strong sense of revulsion. Nalini and Sita had confessed to a profound sense of joy in their respective husbands’ arms.” This was one of the most heart wrenching part of the whole book for me. I must have read the particular part many a times. It was so beautifully explained and scenes are so vivid that they will live with me for a long time.
ü  Gautam is a hero a one to die for. The way he makes Sangita come out of those scars which the past has left on her was truly worth a read.theres one particular line which stole my heart away “I will never do anything which you wouldn’t want me too. That itself speaks so much about the character.

Rating 4.5/5


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! That's an awesome review Shivani Agrawal. So glad you enjoyed reading my book :D

    ReplyDelete