Sunday, 27 December 2015

ROMANCE LOVERS : A Treasure for you all :)

When it comes to romance she is one of the best authors we have.
A collection of 13 romantic short stories based in India; a culture rich country steeped in tradition. Inspiration struck me from newspaper articles, TV shows and hearing people talk. The short stories are based on that fact that arranged marriages thrive right alongside love matches in India. 
Words after words, characters after characters, plots after plots, and stories after stories; all sewn together, so efficiently, that it takes you right up there, to a world full of love, love and more love. I am sure each story will give you a different flavour a different emotion.

HIGHLIGHTS :-
The stories which worked for me
ü  BEAUTY IS BUT SKIN DEEP: this one is one of my favourite stories. I liked this so much that I urged even my team to read this one. She totally loved it coz she is someone who doesn’t read novels and yes she loved every bit of it J
ü  GROOMNAPPED:   A serious issue dealt with such an ease that you will ponder over the issue. The meeting of Vivek & Radhika isn’t the best of meeting yet it will not fail to bring a smile on your face. What else do you need in such times of stress?
ü  LOVE MATCH FOR VELAN:  A lesser known mythological tale of Lord Kartikeya & his love match. I totally enjoyed this one. Learnt something new! J
ü   PAPPA’S GIRL:  A different tale. Loved the way characters have been developedJ. The author has portrayed one of the most beautiful relationships of “father & daughter” with an ease. Fathers are very possessive when it comes to their daughter’s marriage.
ü  SOULMATES:  this one was amazing. I loved the issue dealt in this one inter-caste marriage. I simply hate all these ideas of discrimination based on caste colour religion etc. it reminds me of what I said in the farewell of our school (finale of fashion contest) “just imagine yourself in a maternity ward where you see lives taking birth. How do you feel? You don’t say she or he is not our religion/ caste. You just want to hold the baby at times. Then why this date when we have become adults we create so many boundaries around us.” Believe me these days you will even find discrimination on the basis of subjects you choose IN CLASS XI. I have faced this & I protested.
ü  REEMA’s MATCHMAKERS & MADEINHEAVEN.COM: these two stories will make everyone smile though the former is a bit predictable.
ü  RAHAT MILLI: a story based on reincarnation a simple yet beautiful tale where love transcends time.
ü  The writing style is very simple something you will enjoy a very soft style of writing. Something which you will surely enjoy. Must have for the romance lovers. The best part was that you will not find those mushy stories but these are unconventional love stories.

RATING 4/5


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Shivani for reading and reviewing my book. So glad you liked the stories :)

    ReplyDelete