Friday, 12 February 2016

BOOK REVIEW : Reasonable Doubt - Volume 2 by Whitney G. Williams

book cover - reasonable doubt : volume 2
DISCLAIMER : This is the second book in the Reasonable Doubt Series, so go and read the first novella (just 78 pages) before you scroll any further, because this review might have some spoilers from the first one.
Also if you want to check out my review of Reasonable Doubt #1, click HERE.

SYNOPSIS :

She lied to me... 

She betrayed the one rule that I'm most adamant about: Honesty. Complete and utter fucking honesty. 

I really wish she was someone else—someone who didn't have the ability to make me feel, someone I could easily discard like the hundreds of women before her. 

She isn't. 

I'm drawn to her like I've never been drawn to a woman before—completely captivated by the very sight of her. 

But unfortunately, with my past slowly re-surfacing for all of the world to see, I'll have to find a way to let her go.


She can never be mine. 

MY REVIEW :


Welcome back for the Second Review of the Reasonable Doubt Novella Series!

Where did we leave things the last time!? Oh yeah! The cliffhanger that was at the end of the first one!

So, I am assuming that since you've scrolled down to this part, you've read the first part of this series, because I might spill some beans here!

So, like every male dominant book in the erotic genre has to have a past, that is troubled and sketchy, because it has to come up at some point in the story for the female protagonist to cry upon, throw a tantrum, leave the male protagonist, and then come back together !

It is the same for this one as well ! Another similarity to the Fifty Shades Trilogy right!?

So, like we had already established that Andrew(not his real name either, you will know what I mean once you read this part) and Aubrey(not Alyssa) were falling for each other and fucking, even though she was her intern at the law firm, but the first one ended when Aubrey came to know about Andrew's first marriage, when her Wife arrived at the law firm.

Now, you'll have to read this short novella to know what the real story behind all this Wife and Intern drama is, because this book's review is spoiler-free!

1.) I think the writing style, if I had mentioned before is quite captivating and keeps the users engaged.

2.) This book also has similar chapters, like the first one, dissected on the basis of law terminologies, making you more interested into thinking, which part of this chapter does the title relate to.

3.) Another important thing about this series is that there might be a complicated relationship at the crux of it, and we read for our pleasure, but there are emotions and dreams hidden behind the dialogues, the people say. Aubrey maybe a law undergrad, but her passion her true calling is Ballet, and you'll know about it when you read the novellas'.

4.) We'll see another side of Andrew in this novella, a softer, more compliant side, as he is ready to accept the changes happening in his life. But again, for the fans to have enjoy a finale, and read how Andrew and Aubrey's story ends, this book has another strange(or not?) ending!

5.) Overall, the story is gripping and will keep you entertained for a couple hours, as you swiftly make your way through the lives of Andrew and Aubrey! So, enjoy!

I gave this book 4 STARS, because the story was a little less memorable, and kept slipping off my mind, at times.


Review by : Anmol Sachdeva
To know more about my reading escapes and be a part of it, follow me on Goodreads HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment