Tuesday 8 November 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Shrieking Silences by Preeti Choudhary


BOOK REVIEW:- 
This is a poetry book written by Preeti Choudhary, Published by Notion Press. 
The cover of the book is so colorful, vibrant, full of creativity, ... which itself speaks a lot about this book.

I was shocked to witness a decent number of short and sweet sonnets all through the book. 
Every lyric has a delight in itself. Every sonnet is one of a kind and adds an importance to it.

In all there are 35 poems which cover many topics like feminism, empowerment, How Am I ?, I am confused, the unsuitable girl etc. 

Few lines from the book:-
" Shine on me Shower thy grace,
Impart the expressions blithe. "

2.
I was cute as a kid
Sexy as a teenager
Voluptuous after thirties.
Tired of these physical adjectives.
Find some more,
Less physical,
More identifying.

For Poetry lovers, is a must read for everyone.You must give it a try.
I would rate this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment